We all like a big mug filled with hot coffee every morning to awake our minds up from its slumber sleep. But the craving gets worse when we are out in nature out of our comfort walls of a home.
If you ask anyone in the coffee brewing an easy task? You might end up getting a big no, and that is the real truth coffee brewing is not an easy thing, and it gets all the way harder when you are thinking about making a cup of coffee while on a travel vacation.
As we move in 21st-century technology easing everything for us and it sure does help us in making a great cup of coffee.
With the help of french Press, you can easily make the coffee which arouses your tastebuds without asking you to empty your pockets.
The easiest way to brew a nice cup of coffee is with the help of manual brewers like a french press which is also known as French Press to go.
These machines are light and sturdy and can be easily stored in your backpack. With these portable french Press, a hot cup of coffee is just a few minutes away.
Before we start, there are some things that you must keep in mind while buying a french press.
We have mentioned some of the things that you should consider.
The size of the French Press
Choose the size of your french Press wisely as you will be taking it out with you. It’s not going to sit around on your kitchen top.
Make sure you calculate how much you drink in a day and choose which full-fils your coffee amount in a compact size.
The french press filtration system consists of steel mesh which is then held in its place by the use of stamped steel.
To be fair french Press does allow some sediments to pass through but the positive note here is it doesn’t cause any change in the flavor of the coffee you need to select
The aesthetics of french Press
You might not think that you need to look for the aesthetics and design while buying a coffee maker, but in truth, you need it as we usually take coffee when our motor skills require a big jolt to wake them up.
We have compiled a list for you for the seven best travel french press which you must-have if you one of those who love traveling and a nice cup of coffee.
So buckle up your backpacks as we are going on a treasure chest to find the best French Press in the market right now.
- #1 Bodum Chambord French Press Coffee Maker
- #2 KONA French Press Coffee Maker
- #3 Bodum Travel Press
- #4 Coffee Gator French Press Coffee Maker
- #5 ZYLISS Travel French Press and Coffee Mug
- #6 KOHIPRESS The Original Portable French Press Coffee Maker
- #7 Mueller French Press Coffee Maker, 20% Heavier 18/10 Stainless Steel, Multi-Screen System, Rust-Free, Dishwasher Safe
#1 Bodum Chambord French Press Coffee Maker
Starting with the list at pole position we have Bodum Chambord French press, coffee maker. This portable french Press also found its place on our other listings as well.
The french press coffee maker gives you a premium cup of coffee without sacrificing the aroma and the taste of your coffee.
- It has a stainless steel plunger gives your coffee the unaltered aroma and flavor
- Bodum’s patent lid cover keeps the mug spill-proof.
- You can make up to 4oz of coffee for 8 cups without losing the quality.
- Bodum is a household name when it comes to french Press.
- It comes with heat-resistant Borosilicate beaker.
- You won’t find any grounds in your coffee.
- It’s a bit bulky.
If you are looking for small and compact french press mug, this is the best option for you. It can serve a small group of people so you can easily take it with you for long weekend trips and camping.
What we liked most about it is how effortlessly it makes a hot cup of coffee while including all the flavors from the aromatic coffee beans.
#2 KONA French Press Coffee Maker
You have to believe us when we say it took us a while for deciding the pole position between our number two and one.
The KONA French press coffee maker which provides the purest taste of coffee bean oils. This stainless steel travel coffee press comes with a reusable stainless steel filter.
- The 34 oz borosilicate glass pitcher gives large capacity along with protection.
- Also, the machine is dishwasher friendly.
- The coffee brewing process is fast and doesn’t lose any flavor.
- Build quality is magnificent with an elegant design.
- In addition to this, the filters can provide your good taste for a strong brew as well.
- The coffee maker demands careful cleaning.
It’s lightweight, stylish looking, easy to clean, and does it job perfectly. It provides consistent flavor and aroma in each cup, and the coffee stays hot for a long time.
The only problem we had was cleaning, and it is the coffee holder can easily break if not handled carefully. Otherwise, it could have been our number one.
#3 Bodum Travel Press
At number three on our list, we have Bodum travel press. It’s a french press travel mug giving you the freedom of brewing a great cup of coffee on the go.
It’s a brewer and the container you can directly sip from it you want to. The double-wall construction keeps the coffee hot for 6-7 hours which is quite decent.
- First, you can quickly get three cups of coffee from it.
- It’s a comfortable fit for most of the cup holders in a backpack.
- Furthermore, you can clean it in the dishwasher without any problems.
- It gives you a hot coffee in less than 5 minutes.
- Coffee grounds get in the coffee.
- Consistency of the coffee changes a little bit once you leave it in for some time.
If you are on trekking or a solo trip, you might consider it was buying before you next trip as it brews fantastic coffee along with keeping your water warm for hours.
Bodum is a well-known name when it comes to portable Press, and with this coffee maker, we think they outperform themselves.
#4 Coffee Gator French Press Coffee Maker
If you are planning a road-trip or camping with a bunch of your friends coffee gator has their french Press for yours. This portable French press comes with an insulated travel mug. Besides, you can reuse their micron stainless steel mesh filter.
- It keeps your coffee hot for a long time with the help of vacuum layered stainless steel
- Moreover, it has double-filtration to lockdown the flavors and gives you a sweet taste.
- The box includes coffee ground container
- Brewer is pretty tough and corrosion-proof.
- At last, the coffee container can hold up to 34 ounces of brewed coffee.
- It’s quite big and bulky.
- Not suitable for storing it in a backpack.
- The insulation is not right, and coffee quickly gets warm in a few hours.
It’s a good match if you are a family person and needs a nice cup of coffee on your weekend trip where you don’t need to worry about space in your backpack.
In other scenarios, it misses the point of being a portable coffee maker.
#5 ZYLISS Travel French Press and Coffee Mug
At number five we have ZYLISS travel french press. All you need to do is put the ground coffee, add hot water, and press the fine mesh filter to start brewing. This French press coffee mug gives you one of the best portability options for the go-to coffee makers.
The mesh filter keeps the grounds away from your coffee while giving the coffee all the flavors and aroma it requires.
- First, it has double-wall insulation
- It can hold up to 12 oz.
- Keeps most of your coffee grains in the filter.
- Easy to use and one of the most portable coffee makers from our list.
- Coffee gets quickly warm, so you need to drink your coffee fast.
- You need to take out coffee grounds first before sipping your coffee.
Zyliss has been in the business for about 50 years, so they know what they are doing. This mug is useful if you want to drink your brewed coffee in less than 3 hours. Otherwise coffee gets cold and who likes a cold coffee.
#6 KOHIPRESS The Original Portable French Press Coffee Maker
KOHIPRESS’s original portable french coffee maker holds the sixth position. This French press coffee mug comes with vacuum insulation; thus, allowing the coffee to be hot for a long time. The design is sleek
- The coffee mug has 12 oz of capacity.
- It’s utterly spill-proof with patented isolation system.
- Also, the brewing process takes only about 3 minutes.
- Come with rubber pad bottom to deter any heat transfer.
- Lastly, it’s so thin that you can quickly put it in the water bottle slot of your backpack
- The brewing capacity is the primary concern as it can only brew around 1.5 to 2 cups of coffee.
- You need to open the whole coffee maker to clean it up.
It’s lightweight and easy to carry around and brews coffee without losing the flavor or aroma. The only drawback is the brewing capacity.
It’s a deal-breaker for many people if you drink a couple of cups in a day then it’s a no brainer for you.
#7 Mueller French Press Coffee Maker, 20% Heavier 18/10 Stainless Steel, Multi-Screen System, Rust-Free, Dishwasher Safe
At last on our list, we have Mueller French press coffee maker, this travel french press drops, and rust proof as the whole body is made from high-quality stainless steel.
This results in coffee staying hot for long hours compared to plastic or glass containers. It’s a multitasker you can brew coffee, tea, hot chocolate, frothed milk, etc.
Just like the one above it, this coffee maker comes with a travel container.
- First, it has a triple-layered filter structure to stop the sediments.
- This French Press is dishwasher safe, so you don’t need to worry about the cleaning process.
- Coffee coming out from it is not just hot but is filled with fantastic flavor and aroma.
- Lastly, this Press is not only aesthetically pleasing but doesn’t let a single coffee ground to get in your cup.
- Weighs 1.16 pounds which is seriously heavy.
- Disassembling this Press can take a bit of your time because of how complex it is.
- As it’s stainless steel, the body gets warmer, and coffee gets cold
It’s a great coffee maker but not a proper coffee container also it’s so heavy that we don’t recommend that you to take it with you on weekend trips as it does have portability issues.
So with that, we finally close our list of best french Press. Tell us which one you like the most and thinking about buying and tell us if we missed something, we always love your feedback.
Also, make sure to check out our other great list of top best coffee grinders for an espresso machine. Happy Brewing!!