If you are a regular coffee drinker, we are sure there’s a time when a thought of grinding your coffee beans have stuck your mind. It’s a natural thing we love coffee, and we grind our coffee.
Yup, it’s a bit complicated process, but the result will excel all your coffee flavor expectations.
A grinder gives freedom of experimentation with your coffee, and with little trial and error, you will be getting the coffee whose flavor and aroma perfectly soothes your taste buds.
Why should you grind your coffee?
Now there might be a question lurking in your mind why is there a need for grinding your coffee beans. The main reason to grind your coffee is that coffee loses its 40% aroma and oils in less than 15 minutes after the grinding process.
More than 500 different concentrated flavors reside in coffee beans, and they begin to oxidize as soon as the grinding is finished.
Grinding the beans just before the brew gives you the best result. That’s why we recommend that you should be careful while deciding how much quantity you need to grind as if you store the grounds they will lose all their aromas which came from grinding
There are two types of grinders available in the market the automatic coffee grinders and manual coffee grinder. For this list, we will be looking at our top 7 picks of best manual grinders which gives you the optimal result.
These manual grinders are pocket-friendly and produce one of the most beautiful coffee grains that you can ever have.
So fill your coffee mugs and join us to find which grinder suits your requirements the best.
#1 JavaPresse Manual Coffee Grinder
Starting off our list we have JavaPresse manual coffee grinder, and this hand coffee grinder surely deserves the number spot on our list due to it’s built quality and the process it opts for the grinding the coffee beans.
The dual plated ceramic Burr assembly gives it exceptional rigitdity for the maximum consistency. It’s a hundred percent no electric meaning you can take it with you on work, trips, and treks.
- First, it has an inbuilt adjustable grind selector with more than 15-precise setting.
- No batteries or power source required making it on the go coffee grinder.
- Comes with a removable hand crank to make the grinding process almost noiseless.
- No issue with the heating of coffee beans.
- This machine is quite portable; you can quickly put it in your backpack.
- Finally, you can easily clean this up without having to disassemble the whole grinder.
- The bushing is made out of plastic which is not sturdy.
The Javapresse stands out from the rest of the manual coffee grinders gives a unique taste to your coffee which hits your taste buds like 90 mph car on the highway.
It brings all the aromas and oil out from your coffee beans which will eradicate all the problems you have from your coffee.
The product body is made up of stainless steel while being easy on your savings. It’s a thumbs up from our side if you are thinking about buying this coffee grinder.
#2 Wheroamoz Manual Coffee Grinder
You know a company is not bluffing with the quality of their product when they provide a lifetime warranty with it. On the second spot, we have Wheroamoz Manual Coffee grinders.
This manual coffee grinder gives you the best of both worlds.
You can use it at your home, or you can take it out with you on camping. Anywhere and in any condition, this machine won’t fail you to deliver exceptional coffee grounds.
- Breaks coffee beans down to even exquisite grounds for the optimal extraction.
- Comes with a hopper which you can attach on the container.
- No electricity required to use this grinder.
- In addition to this, the whole machine is sleek and designed with perfection for maximum portability.
- The grinder is made up of ceramic.
- Not a great option if you are using it with the french press as it produces magnificent coffee grounds.
The coffee grinder is small and compact, can make a right amount of coffee grounds. It comes with a lifetime warranty, meaning you can replace any item from the machine at any point of usage.
Components such as hopper, handle, and other internal parts are made up from food-grade stainless steel.
#3 Mueller Austria Manual Coffee Grinder
Holding the third spot on our list is Mueller Austria manual coffee grinder. This hand grinder comes with a conical burr mill gives you perfect consistency for your coffee grounds.
Also, you can easily tune your grindings outcome match your coffee maker requirements.
- Stainless steel cap along with the grinding knob.
- The ceramic burr as two layers for the optimal grinding.
- Eighteen adjustable grind settings to select the precise grind amount for your coffee beans.
- Easy to pack, suitable for treks and camping.
- To turn the crank requires some hard force.
- The grinding process takes a bit noisy in this one.
This product has everything that you require from an ideal coffee grinder. You are not missing any of your aroma and oils from its extraction.
The only problem we had while using it was when doing the grinding of coffee beans it produces a fair amount of noise which can lead to some eye-rolls in the office.
Other than that it’s a great piece of machinery and a must-buy for coffee lovers.
#4 Khaw-Fee HG1B Manual Coffee Grinder
The Kaw-Fee HG1B manual coffee grinder comes at the fourth spot in our list. This hand crank coffee grinder is super quiet, making it a good substitute in office.
Also, it doesn’t use any electricity, meaning your ground will be free from any static charge making your coffee grounds to not stick to the container.
- The design of this grinder is elegant and mess-free.
- You can change the consistency of your ground according to your likings.
- The transparent glass bowl helps you check whether your grind is coming at as your required or not.
- Moreover, this machine is those looking for finer grinds.
- The burr wobble during the grinding process.
- Likewise, the handle is quite loose and can come off quite often.
This coffee grinder doesn’t come with big company names who are in this field, but it surely does pack some great punches when it comes to grinding.
It’s a great product and cost less in comparison to another conical burr grinder. It’s a perfect option for the usage of a single person.
#5 Shanik Manual Coffee Grinder
The Shanik’s Premium manual coffee grinder gives your adjustable grind selector. With this coffee grinder, you need to turn the knob clockwise for a fine grind and anti-clockwise for a coarse grind.
It’s lightweight and easy to carry around for camping and outdoor purposes
- First, it comes with a travel pouch.
- The ceramic burr comes with built-in grind selector.
- Also, the container comes with a measuring system which indicates the right amount brew for each grind.
- Moreover, you get a silicone grip around the container for a better grip.
- Firstly, the bottom container is loosely locked in its place.
- There’s no proper mounting place for the handle it just slides on the container.
- Grinding process takes a while, and often you end getting tired.
The silicone lid keeps the ground chamber from oxidation. Thus, making your grounds fresh even after several hours. The rubber around the container helps in support during the grinding process.
This coffee grinder gives the best coarseness to your coffee beans, making it an ideal partner for french press coffee maker.
#6 LUCKY & SON Manual Coffee Grinder
Lucky & Son manual coffee grinders hold the sixth position due to its multipurpose collapsible funnel which gives this blender a spill-proof design. This hand coffee grinder is made up of heavy-duty stainless steel.
- Conical burr made up of ceramic with 18 adjustable blender setting.
- Comes with a waterproof bag for storage and travel purposes.
- The hand crank is easily removable.
- A right combination for french press and espresso maker.
- The grinding process takes a lot of time.
- Not suitable for daily use as it requires a bit of muscle power to grind.
- It will take some time to find the right amount of grinder setting.
The grind is made with a lot of precision and care. The box includes all the necessary accessories along with the traveling pouch.
If the fine grind doesn’t take that much long time, it would be in a much higher spot on our list cause other than these minor issues this machine is perfect for outdoor use.
#7 Norpro Coffee Grinder
At last on our list, we have Narpro coffee grinder. You like something which looks classy along with providing you the same performance of modern-day coffee blenders than this might be the thing you are looking for.
This manual coffee grinder comes with has its old-world charm with the name of Norpro on it.
- The built quality of this product is reliable.
- Grinding process is fast and doesn’t take a lot of time.
- Also, this grinder looks impressive, and you can quickly put it on your kitchen top without any hesitation.
- Overall it’s an excellent product at a cost-effective price.
- The coffee beans get stuck in the hopper.
- When grinding the machine jostles a bit making coffee grounds to spill out from the machine.
It works exactly as its description says. The design is minimal but get the job done. You can’t take it out with you, and the small storage leaves a lot to be desired.
With this, we end up our list of best hand coffee grinder. These manual machines will last more than any of your electric devices and give you better aroma and flavor from your coffee beans.
With the help of these best coffee grinders, you will be pouring coffee grounds filled with special oil giving your coffee the best of your beans. Also, all of them are eco-friendly as none of them use any electricity for the grinding process.
All of them are lightweight and have a smaller footprint making them easily portable. So go ahead and get yourself an excellent coffee grinder and start your grinding.
Make sure you check out our other list of the best commercial espresso machine and give us your feedback. Happy grinding!!